Milan Design Week 2010

Last week, after three days of fever, I was left not only with a sore throat but I also had no energy and a splitting headache. Anyway, after lots of antibiotics and plenty of mint tea, I’m feeling as right as rain.
I spent the rest of the week flipping through Vogue Living (July/August 2010) with its free DVD report from Milan Design Week. This was awesome and inspired me to drag myself from my sickbed to continue my battle in the world of design.
Here’s a sneak peek at Vogue Living’s DVD coverage of Milan Design Week:
Strung above the famous fashion street of Via Montenapoleone are huge lanterns that light up the night.

The Invisibles by Tokujin Yoshioka for Kartell

Amplify by Yves BĂ©har
These LED pendant lamps are made from recycled paper and re-create the shimmering effect of crystal chandeliers.

Maurizio Galante with his 'Drago' bedspread
A bedspread formed from hundreds of raised motifs which in unison create voluminous waves of triangular pleats.

This massive chandelier, "Stella”, by Tokujin Yoshioka, is a large crystal dandelion hung from the ceiling in a room full of white haze.

For a three-minute clip, click here

More coverage of Milan Design Week 2010 including photo galleries, videos, blog posts and interviews from core77

On the bright side of being sick, I had a trip to Milan without ever leaving the comfort of my daybed: not too bad!

While you're here, subscribe to our RSS Feed!
......................................................
-. . ^_ ^ . . .- * -. ._ - * - . . . > - * . ->. -

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails