Who’s taking the 9-day vegetarian challenge with us?
A vegan diet for the purposes of spiritual cleansing and merit-making.
Day 7: Thai style salad (Larb with vermicelli noodles)
This is such a healthy, fragrant salad, you'll actually feel healthier after eating it.
Prep Time 10 mins / Serves 2
1. 2 cups. soya granules (textured soy protein - โปรตีนเกษตรเม็ดเล็ก) or firm tofu, finely chopped
2. 2 cups of vermicelli noodles (soaked in water until soft)
3. 2 large peeled garlic cloves, finely sliced
4. 1 bunch of spring onions (scallions), finely chopped
5. dried chili powder
6. 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
7. 3 tbsp. bell peppers (diced)
8. 4 tbsp. of fresh lime juice
9. 3 tbsp. of soy sauce
10. 1 bunch of mint leaves
11. 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
12. 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
13. 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
14. 2 tbsp. roasted rice powder
15. ½-1 tsp. of sugar
-Soak soya granules in water for 5 minutes or until soft. Squeeze the granules thoroughly, retain them and discard the drained water.
- Heat half the oil in a pot over medium heat until just smoking. Add the soya granules and vermicelli noodles and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat. Season with soy sauce, sugar, lime juice and chilli powder until well combined.
- Add red onion, coriander, spring onions, grated lime rind, bell peppers and mint. (Keep a few leaves for garnish.) Toss gently.
-Serving suggestion.Garnish with remaining mint. Sprinkle with roasted rice powder and serve with fresh vegetables.